In my desire for a summery-glow I decided to try out a couple of different self-tanning products - L'Oreal self-tanning gel and L'Oreal self-tanning wipes. Now, before I go any further I must included a little disclaimer; these are my opinions and experiences with the products. L'Oreal did not contact me or ask me to do a product review. Ok - now on to the pros & con's of each!
Sublime Bronze Clear Self-Tanning Gel
Pros:
Nice, gradual tan
Natural-looking
Even application
Cons:
Smells like a self-tanner
Takes a few applications to see results
Potential to be a little messy. (I apply this one in the shower so the spray doesn't get everywhere)
Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes
Pros:
Nearly instant results. (30 mins-1hour)
Easy application & clean up
Cons:
Holy streak show!! You can see EVERY spot you missed. (kinda embarrassing.)
Smells like a self-tanner.
My Pick: Self-tanning gel. It's takes a little while longer to see results but it's way better than the streaks.
I wish I had pictures of how streak-y I was after using the tan wipes but it was just too embarrassing to take pictures of. (It was as bad as you can picture in your mind!) Sorry, L'Oreal, the even application claim was false, unless I experienced a serious operator error - it's possible at 6:00am!
Both of these products can be purchased at your local drug store, WalMart or Target!
What has been your experience? Better luck with any other products? If you would, say a quick prayer that the sun comes out here in Iowa! :)

I used the Sublime Gel last year, though I didn't see it on shelves this year. I mixed it with a regular lotion to apply it evenly, and liked the results. This year, I bought the sublime lotion (which I'm assuming replaced the gel), and really liked it. It goes on dark, so you can see where you're placing it, and gives a nice natural look the next day. I use St. Tropez for the rest of my body, that stuff is really great, though a bit pricy!
ReplyDeleteI love "Fake Bake" tanning spray. I never have streaks- ever. I just shower, dry off (really well), and spray it on. I sleep with it on and then shower in the morning. I have a nice, golden tan.
ReplyDeleteoh no, Holy Streak Show is no good! During the summer I use a lotion by Jergins that extends whatever natural tan you have, even gives it a boost. I love that stuff!!
ReplyDeleteNice post! Good to know. I like the Jergins natural glow self tanner. It takes about 2-3 days to show but it's always even and looks amazing. I apply at night before I go to bed so I don't smell like self tanner all day. It doesn't smell that bad really. In the mornings I'll hot up my fore arms and calves/thighs. For an added glow I discovered Nars body oil which gives you an all around boost and it smells like coconuts. Mmmmmmmm!
ReplyDeletexo
Taylor
http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/
how do they compare to lotions?
ReplyDeleteA friend had introduced me to Neutrogena micromist self-tanner and it is awesome!
ReplyDelete