A week or so ago I went to a vendor show being held in my local community and came across these awesome vintage finds! I was especially thrilled to find the suitcase. I had been looking for one to hold cards at our wedding. Two ladies started this small business called Dumpster Divas. Their hobby is going to sales and re-purposing items they find - they so many awesome items!
Right after I got home I took a quick picture and uploaded it to Instagram (@beth_dydblog) and told everyone to "stay tuned" to find out where they sweet finds ended up in my home! Here is where they are now...
The spiral bud vase in part of a little vignette on my dining room table. I replaced the original flower stem with a $2 peony stem from WalMart.
My original plan for the tin drawer was to fill it with ice and use it as a wine cooler but after trying that out during a ladies night I hosted, I found out it leaks. Now I need to find a new purpose for it... Oh well - it's still super cute!
I have never really be into the empty frame look but I loved the color of this blue one and now I love the style of empty frames and think I would like to do a little more decorating with them. A whole collage maybe?! This one ended up on the night stand in the guest bedroom. This frame will be super easy to re-purpose (I'll show you my "spring" guest bedroom next week!)
As for the suitcase, it's sitting in my office, waiting for our wedding!



you could probably use some clear silicone on the inside to make it waterproof...and from the outside you wouldn't be able to tell...then you could just pull it off if you wanted to use it for something else! love the finds!!
ReplyDeleteSmart idea!! Thanks Sandy!
DeleteAnother idea for the tin drawer is to hold mail? mamie
ReplyDeleteExcellent thinking!!
DeleteI bet you have pretty touches like these all over your home!
ReplyDeleteOmg! I love with that suitcase and the frame!!! Love that you didn't do anything to the frame or put a picture in it, so chic and classic!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! We just used the suitcase in our engagement pictures today!
DeleteCute stuff! I love the drawer turned wine holder. I've had luck lately with shopping thrifts stores and Craigslist.
ReplyDelete