Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Upper Body Workout!

Within the past three years I have really stepped up my physical fitness game which, of course, has shown huge benefits (like the "Elite" rating that I received for my life insurance policy!) in every aspect of my health and well-being.  Now that our wedding is quickly approaching, I've decided to step up my fitness game once again and get this body more shaped and toned - especially my arms and shoulders - so that I can rock my wedding dress.  Seriously what bride doesn't want to look stunning on their big day?! :)

Here is the upper body workout that I've been doing once a week combined with cardio to boost my heart rate!  I have this set up as an 8-week program but will probably extend it and increase the weight to build more muscle.  I've linked these "moves" to videos  for the how-to and added the weight I use as a starting point.  If you are new to working out, it's probably better to start with lighter weight - it's about reps and form, not how much you can lift.

Set 1 - Repeat 3x - 12-15 reps
Bicep curls to shoulder press w/dumbbells  (my weight - 12lbs)
Lateral Raises w/dumbbells (my weight - 10lbs)
Upright row w/ kettle bell (my weight - 20lbs)

Set 2 - Repeat 3x - 15 reps
Pushups
Tricep dips off bench
Lat pull down machine (my weight - 70lbs)

Set 3 - Repeat 3x - 12-15 reps
1 arm bent row (my weight - 20lbs)
Front raises w/dumbbells (my weight - 8lbs)
TRX low row

Good luck - you can do it!  You will look great and feel great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...