Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Rolled Jeans - Old School Style

I have a love-hate relationship with these jeans.  I love them because they fit so well but I hate them because they are too short.  (It was my first experience with a tailor and it was a fail) So to compromise, they are three season jeans - spring/summer/fall - so that I can roll them.

Instead of the typical pants roll, I gave the "old-school-folder-over-and-roll" a try.  The best part of fashion these days is that pretty much anything goes so this works for me!  I did a little research, this is called the Classic Peg Roll. You can thank me later for that bit of useless information... :)

Here's what you do: Fold your jeans sideways so they are tight around your ankle and roll!




Jewelry: Lia Sophia

Here are 6 more ways to roll your jeans... if you're curious!

22 comments:

  1. Lets just call this perfection?! Love the layered necklaces and easy style in this look!! Plus your hair looks great as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit! It is so casual yet pulled together.

    The Grass Skirt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, super casual and comfortable. People in rural Iowa don't ever get too dressed up so I do what I can without feeling out of place! :)

      Delete
  3. Used to do the "peg roll" all the time in high school. So fun to see is coming back :) Love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - that's awesome! I'm not totally sure if it's coming back but I say who cares, it's fun! :)

      Delete
  4. Love your hair! I am growing mine out and at some point it will get this length... how do you fix it like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan. I am so thinking of doing a video tutorial but I am kind of afraid to. I know nothing about editing... I'll definitely keep considering it though.

      Delete
  5. You look fabulous!

    Love the way you rolled those jeans.
    ~FringeGIrl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how simple, stylish, and comfy this outfit is! I would totally wear this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had a tailor chop off too much as well! She hemmed my jeans unevenly, then tried to tell me that it was my fault because my legs are supposedly uneven, then overcompensated by chopping off an extra 2 inches from the other leg, and now I'm left with jeans that are way too short. Worst part is that they're high waisted jeans so I don't even know if I can rock a rolled cuff. Yours, on the other hand, look great! Found you via Shanna's linkup and looking forward to coming back!
    www.the-lifestyle-project.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle! Thanks for stopping by. That is a nightmare... I am nervous going back to a tailor now, I couldn't imagine how you feel!! Looking forward to having you stop back! I'm headed over to your blog now!

      Delete
  8. HI! Just wanted to say 1) Sorry that I haven't linked up to the mood board party lately 2) Your new blog look is adorable and I LOVE it! and 3) PLEASE link up your guest bedroom on my blog...it looks so good! Hope you are having a great week!

    XO Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! No worries at all! In June I am going to once/month for the link party. I will link up my guest bedroom, when is your next link party? Hope you are doing great!!

      Delete
  9. Super cute! Ia have the same problem with a pair of my pants and I do the same thing... makes for a great comfy outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your blog are totally adorable! So glad to have found you from the bloglovin' collective! New follower for life :)

    Designsbynicolina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Target t-shirts and tank tops. They are so easy to dress up. Cute outfit! Found you through Peacoats and Plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did this withy jeans last weekend! I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look classic! I remember this roll from the 90's!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this casual outfit! Jeans and a grey tee are one of my favorite combos. I tend to do the bubble roll with my skinny jeans. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...