So, did anyone else notice all of the beautiful ladies at the Grammy's that had red lips?! I must say, I was a big fan! In the spirit of Valentine's Day and because my Mary Kay Consultant gave me a travel size red lip-gloss, I thought I would try out red lips for myself!
Actually smiling is a lot easier than "smiling with your eyes" like I was trying to do in the first picture so you could see my lips!
Earrings: Target
My red of choice is actually a gloss -NouriShine Lip Gloss in Rock 'N' Red. There is also a darker shade called Red Passion that is also a Shimmer gloss. I have not tried a red lip stick - any suggestions?! What I do like about this lip gloss is that is actually stains your lips so that re-applying is easy-peasy!
The trick to wear red well is to moisturize your lips, apply a tick, even coat and get into the corners of your lips. Click here for a great video tutorial for a classic red lip from a Des Moines, Iowa salon.


This is so awesome! I was going to write about beautiful red lips too! The new True Dimensions lipsticks are awesome- fire cracker red is big but I love the Spice 'n' Nice- it looks like more of a brown online but is a great shade of red!
ReplyDeleteThat looks great on you and really makes your eyes look different and pretty!
The color is linked to your MK site so hopefully you have some people drop by! :)
DeleteSuper cute! I don't tend to wear lipstick but I think maybe I should start. At least for special occasions...:)
ReplyDeleteThanks Jessica! I put it on in the morning and then rarely re-apply. I usually go to lip gloss. But, at least it makes me feel complete in the morning.
DeleteYou can leave nice kiss marks on Adam's neck with those lips!
ReplyDeleteWOW! That color is really pretty!
ReplyDeleteI hardly ever wear lipstick, I seem to do it all wrong. Thanks for the tips and name brand on what you've used, I'll have to give it a try!
Looks great on you. I use to think only red lips looked good on brunette's but now that I am back to my natural blonde again, I am totally sporting the red lipstick too! Love it. Happy V-day!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Mags
http://magsmind22.blogspot.com/
You are gorgeous!! That color looks perfect on you. I never wear lipstick...I feel like it looks weird on me, but maybe I should try it!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ashley! Red is bold for me, but it's fun and something a little different. You should give lipstick a try for something different - you might like it! :)
DeleteWow! Your blog is becoming more and more IDENTICAL to The Small Things Blog. Do you two collaborate? ....or do you just copy her posts, ideas, and poses?
ReplyDeleteIdentical is a stretch, I can only aspire to be as awesome as she is! While I've learned a lot from her success and posts, I haven't copied anything of hers, except for the placemats but was happy to give credit back to that awesome idea!
Delete