Magazines
Within a week of being engaged I stopped at my local Target and bought nearly every bridal magazine on the rack (because you've just got to!). Martha Stewart Weddings and The Knot are my favorites. They have the best DIY ideas, real wedding examples, suggestions and dresses. Of course there were a ton of advertisements but the least out of the magazines I read.

Martha Stewart Weddings The Knot
Websites
Style Me Pretty is a website I stumbled upon via Pinterest. I love the layout of this website along with the writing style - it's like reading a blog! You can build an inspiration board here, get DIY ideas and my FAVORITE part of this website is their wedding gallery! I just noticed they have a magazine too - I will have to check it out...
Wedding Chicks is a website that I found way back before I even thought about getting married. Not sure how I found it but I loved it! My favorite part about this website are the real wedding stories and their FREEBIES - everything from invitations to iphone wallpapers - all of which are customizable! SO COOL! Plus they have great Pinterest boards.
I found Belle The Magazine blog while I was searching for wedding color inspiration on Pinterest. It's like your standard blog with great advice and tips. I especially like the tips for mixing colors and bridesmaid dress styles. They also have a "dress of the week" feature.
All of these websites have Pinterest accounts too!
Of course there is Theknot.com and Martha Stewart Weddings so of course I check out these websites too. The only thing I don't like about theknot.com is that you have to sign up and then get 25 emails per day (ok, I'm exaggerating, but that's what it seemed like...)
I hope you find this helpful! If you could do me a favor (or two) let me know of your favorite websites and magazines for planning and pass this blog series along if you know of a bride that might find this helpful!
Thanks for following along on my wedding planning journey! :)
My fiance and I have been trying to come up with some good wedding ideas. This post was a great help, but one of the better ideas we have heard was photo booth rentals. We thought it would be great if people got to take a picture with their friends or significant other and be able to take that home with them. I thought it would be something worth sharing.
ReplyDeleteHi Mike! That's a great idea and more fun than wedding favors! :) Good thinking and thanks for the idea!
Delete