I grew up in southern Minnesota on a family farm where we raised hogs, had horses and grew corn and soybeans. Now, I live on an Iowa farm with my fiance where we raise a few head of cattle, work for a large agricultural organization and embrace the farming lifestyle all year round. We live on a beautiful farm site! There is really no other place I could picture living. (Ok, maybe near mountains someday.)
Winter is tough work around here, especially for Adam. Snow needs to be moved, waters need to be thawed for the animals and they need to be fed daily. We're also starting our calving season so that takes extra attention. Here is a winter tour of our farm!
This picture was taken in January! The picture above was taken in December. The snow comes and goes here. Maybe after today it will stay for awhile, we could desperately use the moisture from the snow cover.
These girls are all going to have babies within the next month.
This photogenic heifer is a new addition to the farm as of December.
Meet our first baby of the year! This little peanut is two weeks old and weighed in at 57lbs when she was born.
And she is just too cute to not take pictures of.
For those of you that are cat lovers, this is 'Kitty Kitty' she is our original farm cat.
'Bonnie' is Kitty Kitty's daughter. I couldn't find 'Clyde' though. I've always wanted a tiger-striped cat so I'm glad she is hanging around! (Yes, we have cats named Bonnie & Clyde.)
I love the type of hard work where you can see progress and know that you are serving a greater good by feeding the world. I love the animals, the wide open spaces and the serene calm of a summer night on the front porch. That's really at the core of what my world is about!
Have a great Thursday friends! Stay warm!








That snow looks wonderful, I live in Texas so we are happy if we just get some snowflakes! I grew up in the country as well, this brought back some great memories! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete-Sarah
http://limitedspaceorganizing.blogspot.com
Hi Sarah! Thanks for stopping by! :) I love my life out here!
Deletelove the calf pics! so cute :)
ReplyDeleteYes, she is a cutie! Hopefully we have 7 more babes soon.
DeleteWe got snow here in the AZ desert! Such a surprise! I grew up with cows at my parents house and I loved it! No where near a farm (just enough cows for us and our friends to have meat), but I still loved it!
ReplyDeleteYou got snow in Arizona?! That's crazy! Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteWow you certainly have your hands full with all those animals! I think it's so cool that you live on a farm. Never would have guessed it looking at you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jessica. I hear often that you couldn't tell that I live on a farm but I hope that helps break the farmer stereo-type! :)
DeleteBeautiful photo shots! I wish we have snow here
ReplyDeleteWitha
www.withapinkie.blogspot.com
Thanks for the compliment! I am new to photography and would love to be good at it. Something to work toward someday! Thanks for stopping by!
DeleteNew follower from Iowa too! I own Little Prairie Girl, stop by and check our page out.
ReplyDeleteLove your farm photos of the cows...so sweet!