Fortunately Colton loves food and is already starting to get full when he eats. We always have a bottle on standby though. We've also progressed to the highchair!
Here are a few things I've learned in these first few weeks of introducing baby food:
- I feed him when he's hungry. If he's not hungry, he wont eat.
- I avoid feeding him when he's getting tired. If he's tired, he wont eat.
- I try to feed him between 5-7:00pm to keep some consistency.
- If we are in a new place, he doesn't eat that well because there is SO much to look at.
- If he still wants more food after he's eaten what I made, I make more.
- I always follow up with a bottle, just in case.
- I've tried a fruit and a vegetable. He likes them better than rice cereal so I always start with the cereal since that's probably still easiest on his little belly.
The most important thing our doctor told me as we started him on food was that baby food was not his primary source of nutrition at this point, his formula still is. Over the past week or so we've started to make the transition more baby food and less bottle during his early evening feeding time.
As a first-time mom, the thought of starting him on baby food was a little scary because I had no idea what I was doing but it's actually REALLY fun!



He is so cute! Trying new things with the first really is fun even though it can be scary at first! Your such a great mama!
ReplyDelete-Jennie
http://www.thediaryofarealhousewife.com