Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Painted Spoons


I have wanted to paint wooden spoons for a long time and finally took the time to do it!  Yes, it is as simple as it looks!  Here is the how to:

What You Need:
Wooden Spoons (Walmart)
Craft Paint
Paint Brushes (1 for each color is ideal)
Painters Tape

 
Step one | Tape off where you want your color end.  And of course, protect your surface by putting an old newspaper or (farm-supply ad that you think your husband wont need) underneath the spoons. 
Step Two | Start painting! This is where one paint brush per spoon comes in handy.  It will take multiple coats to cover the spoons.  The wood is really dry so it soaks the paint right in. I painted two coats per side.  Unfortunately the silver spoon didn't make the cut. The Martha Stewart paint I used never dried. :( 

Step three | Admire your quick handy work!

I have many ideas for these painted spoons - hostess gifts, housewarming gifts, and a set to add some extra color to my kitchen!


4 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I've seen them on pinterest so many times and have always wanted to try as well. I love that you can customize the colors and make them any style!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where I originally saw the idea too and had to give it a shot. I originally thought they were dipped, which is what they look like, but quickly figured out that painting them is SO much easier! :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE these! I need to do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hallie! Definitely do!! I can't wait to gift them to a few people soon!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...