Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Bump Day: 4 things I'm looking forward to post-pregnancy

Photo courtesy of Julie Lueth Photography - check out and like her Facebook page!

In approximately 3 1/2 weeks our baby is supposed to arrive - eeekkk!  There is a lot of emotion in saying that - excitement, panic, love, doubt... you name it, this expecting mother feels it!  

I think we are pretty well ready - or as ready as we can be.  Adam and I  are both pretty easy-going (more Adam than me) so we will take it one day at a time.  

I used to be pretty scared of labor but now I'm just ready - a million women have survived, I trust I will too!  Plus, there are a few things I am looking forward to post-pregnancy.

Seeing what our baby looks like. It is so crazy to think that we are going to meet this little human-being that we created for the first time.  Will the baby be a boy or a girl?  Who will the baby look like?  What color hair and eyes?  So many little things I'm curious out?

Expanding my wardrobe. I am pretty tired of my maternity clothes, although I've been creative enough to mix and match some new outfits and accessories with what I have on hand.  Even though I know this reward wont come immediately, I'm still looking forward to shopping my closet before too long!

Being active again. Pregnancy hasn't stopped me, but it has slowed me down. I still go to the gym 3 times a week but not for nearly as long as I'd like.  I really am excited to walk the same speed as my husband out to the barn, and take our dog, Axe, for a walk again.  I think she misses our walks!

Having a drink. Summer time calls for drinks on our front porch and I'm so ready to have a beer with my husband at the end of the day. (Or my mixed drink of choice - Kinky and diet 7up)

I know, some of these seem to be selfish things but I do believe that it's ok to do something for yourself once in awhile - it's who we are and what we love.  While sometimes these things need to be done in moderation or adjusted, we should never have to give it all up, right?

What did you look forward to post-pregnancy?

5 comments:

  1. Adorable. I love the list you have going. I would have to say seeing her first. I was just so excited to meet the little lady that had been occupying my belly for so long, and seeing who she looked like. Also, I was really looking forward to being done with acid reflux. Thankfully that left almost immediately. Your little will be here before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleeping on my belly. Hands down...besides meeting the babe for the first time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and meeting the little one of course! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not getting up 5 times a night to use the bathroom. Of course, after little one arrived, I was getting up 5 times a night to nurse... so maybe it wasn't so bad after all ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...