Yes, this happened. I thawed a beef roast in our living room because our kitchen was so incredibly cold. This is what happens when temperatures plummet to -35 to -40 below with the windchill - yikes!! Not to mention our kitchen lacks some seriously needed insulation and sits on the northwest corner of house.
Before supper we had to warm up our plates in the oven... no joke!
My husband also found a new use for my hair dryer which he has now claimed as "half his." It works great to thaw out the frozen water pipes in the house and the cattle waters in the cattle shed. We may need to invest in a second hair dryer, I'm not ready to give up mine yet.
While I found a lot of humor in these few things throughout the day, we are still concerned about our animals being cold and our water pipes bursting and freezing. Fortunately we are warm (as long as we stay out of the kitchen.)
Here's to warmer weather ahead!!
My hair dryer found it's way outside too the last few days. I told Paul we need to buy him a cheap one for such activities - I don't care to have my expensive one burned out! :) Ah the joys of farm life! Those lambs have the best looking hair!
ReplyDeleteWe went the space heater route for the kitchen pipes the last couple days. Worked well and made the kitchen comfy too! The warm up starts tomorrow!
ReplyDeletetam@ spinstersnacks.com