Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wedding Wednesday - DIY Guestbook

Wedding preparations are in full swing! In June I had two beautiful bridal showers.  Since I couldn't just settle for a traditional guestbook (white cover with lines for people to sign their name) I made my own.  I wanted something that we could go back to from time to time rather than put it in a box labeled "wedding."




I have to admit that sometimes I want to kick myself in the butt for coming up with these ideas because I usually wait until the last minute but I am glad I brought this idea to life!  It turned out great and I received a lot of compliments on it.

I divided up the book into different milestones - 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years - so we could go back to read advice, date ideas, well wishes or whatever people decided to write to us.



Here is what you need to make your own:

Scrapbook
Mini envelopes & note cards (from Chelsea Paper)
Double sided tape
Washi tape

This would make a great guestbook for an actual wedding if it were small wedding - since we have a pretty large wedding planned I didn't want there to be a hold up at the door. 

Cheers to a great Wednesday!

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love it! We went with the traditional white with white lines and it DOES sit in a box labeled "wedding" lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Jessica, this made me laugh! :) Hope you are doing well!

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic idea! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest idea ever~Thanks for linking up with us at the collective blog hop. I love meeting new bloggers! Following you on all your sites! Hope you follow me back I would love to have you :)

    http://www.nightchayde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will be stopping over to say hi!

      Delete
  4. you could totally use this for plenty of other projects...i looove the mini envelopes and washi tape...i need to incorporate that into a baby book somehow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carissa! It would be an awesome baby book too!

      Delete
  5. What size book did you use? The envelopes all fit so well! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! I used a 12x12 book. Sorry it took me forever to respond to your question.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...