Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 New Years Resolution

Happy New Year

Holy smokes, is this really the last day of 2012?  Where did the year go?!  Regardless, it was a fantastic year and I wouldn't change a day of it.  As this year comes to a close I'm finding myself thinking about all that I want to accomplish in 2013... and it's a lot!  So, instead of thinking in terms of "resolutions" (because in my mind they come with limitations and for me end up in not fully happening) I like to think in terms of "themes" for the new year.

Here are my 2013 New Years Themes!

1// PRODUCTIVITY!  I have so much I want to accomplish in 2013 - planning a wedding, getting my interior design business off the ground and running, becoming a better blogger and photographer, and launching a big training initiative at work... too name a few! Whew!  (I'm sure I'll come up with more goals too)

Either way, I am going to have to be productive which means managing my time better, getting up earlier and prioritizing.

2// CAPTURING HISTORY.  This theme may sound strange at first but it really means that I want to start journaling regularly about every day things... farm life, accomplishing our goals, wedding planning process, weather, crop yields, local, national and international happenings, family life... you name it, I want to write about it.

All of these things are so normal and yet may become so interesting to our children and grandchildren one day.  I think about the stories my grandparents told me about growing up and their families and I wish I could capture them and pass them on forever.

There you have it - my 2013 themes!  What are yours?  Please share below or join the conversation on Facebook or Twitter (@beth_dydblog)!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Whew, you've got a lot of things you want to do - good luck with all of them in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be busy! These are great goals, I'm sure you will achieve them! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...