Today is my final day of "Christmas Vacation" from work which adds up to a grand total of 11 days of vacation - it has been awesome! (It's going to be really tough to go back tomorrow.) I worked on a lot of little projects around the house during vacation. One of the bigger projects I worked on was a gallery wall in the dining room. I am terrible at buying artwork because I never know where to find anything good so I had to make a few pieces to complete the wall. (I'll show you the completed wall toward the middle of the week)
One of the pieces of wall decor I made was this monogrammed canvas.
This was an easy and fun project. All you need for supplies is a woodchip letter and canvas. You can find both a Hobby Lobby. The sales sticker on the letter didn't come off very well so I had to use sand paper to smooth it out.
I had spray paint left over from my painted vases project that I re-purposed for this project.
When you paint the letter and the canvas, go back and forth in quick spirts of spray rather than in a continuous stream of spray paint until the object is covered. This will prevent the paint from running and reduce the amount of time it will take for the items to dry. You will have to give the canvas and the letter multiple coats of paint.
Once the paint is dry on everything, put glue on the back of the letter (tacky glue or hot glue) and center the letter on the canvas. Let the glue dry and there you go - you have your monogrammed wall decor!
Make sure to check back here for another DIY wall decor idea and to see how the gallery wall comes together!
Good Luck!
Beth
Beth
Great idea.. I have a cute little "M" my mom gifted me for Christmas that I was trying to decide how to hang. This will do just fine!
ReplyDeleteooooh i love it! babys room? i think so :)
ReplyDeletewow. i never would have thought of using this metallic spray paint on a monogram! I've seen aluminum foil used once but spray paint seems easier :)
ReplyDeleteLooks great!