Thursday, September 26, 2013

New Camera Lens Photo Dump

I gave in and purchased the 51.8mm lens on my wish list for my Cannon T3i camera. It is quite possibly one of the best purchases I've made - no buyer's remorse here! :)  Here is a photo dump of the first pictures I took experimenting with my new lens.  I don't claim to be a photographer (even though I secretly would like to learn to be great at it) but I like the clarity, quality and the range of depth of field in these photos.  

Just so you know, I didn't edit any of these photos besides re-sizing them.

This is the very first picture I took... creative, huh?!


"Axe" makes an excellent subject.... for about 30 seconds.  Regardless, she is darn cute!

Meet our bull.  He doesn't really have an "official" name but I do know that he doesn't like me one bit.  Adam says it's because he knows I'm a girl.  Whatever...

This is "70." She is a sweetheart and has the best eyelashes ever.


Taking pictures is so tiring when you're a puppy that it was only appropriate to stop and take a drink out of the hydrant.  Apparently all of the cool dogs do this.  I think it's an evil trick to get me soaking wet while still maintaining her cuteness.

There you have it... my camera lens experimentation.  The lens definitely challenged me to look at things a little differently because there is no zoom on this particular lens so I quickly learned to re-position myself to get the shots. I love this lens and totally recommend one.  You can find one for about $100 on Amazon

Cheers to Thursday! 

Oh hey, don't forget about the giveaway going on here for a Starbucks gift card and other fall goodies! :) 

13 comments:

  1. graet photos! i just got the t3i about a month ago and am taking a photography class now. can't wait to get a fancier lens too :)
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Good for you! I love using mine! Also check out Shoot Fly Shoot. They have great classes on using your camera that they team via videos!

      Delete
  2. I love the one of your dog drinking the water! It's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did turn out cool! This is an every day occurrence at our house.

      Delete
  3. beautiful! a new camera is the star of my Christmas wishlist this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen! Thanks! I hope you get your camera!!!

      Delete
  4. We used to name our sheep by their tag numbers. :) After years and years of new animals, it's just easier that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Every once-in-awhile we have a calf that gets a name that sticks but it's mostly numbers! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! Super amazing shots! Love how you captured that shot with your dog in the water with such great lighting at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say you name your bull, Benny The Bull just like the basketball team. Love your shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great!!!!! Loving all the pictures! The 1st pic of the bull is too funny lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! A new lens is so much fun and these shots are great! What a cute puppy dog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the puppy picture! One thing I never regret is buying camera gear. One of my fave lenses is my 50mm 1.2.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...