I've seen so many great ideas, like this one, on Pinterest and had to make this project happen.
Here is what you need:
Canvas
Chip board letters
Tacky Glue (hot glue doesn't work)
White spray paint (matte finish)
Large Letter
First... punch out the letters you need. I got my letters in a huge pack from Hobby Lobby.
Next, arrange them on the board before you glue them down with tacky glue. Hot glue doesn't work. It dries too fast and raises the letters up off the canvas.
Here is how your canvas may look pre-spray paint....
Here is your after! I like to use a matte finish spray paint. You never know where they might hang this is their home (hopefully they do...) so to reduce glare from the sun shining through a window matte finish spray paint works great.
It's pretty simple! I would definitely hang one in my house. Rule of thumb for gift-giving: Never give something you wouldn't like to receive! (unless it's on their list...)







I love this! And that's a great gift-giving rule.
ReplyDeletethis is fab! It's so personal yet it has a store bought look. I would have tried hot glue and felt helpless, thanks for the tip on tacky glue. I'd love to try this for our new home!
ReplyDelete