To kick off the very first Wedding Wednesday post, I thought I would share my Wedding Binder with you! I've been working on this for a few days and have found some great resources that I have meshed together to fit what I am looking for. I like things to be simple so that was the goal when I put together this binder!
First - let's talk supplies! I found all of my binder materials at Staples. I liked the Martha Stewart line so I went with it. Here is a list of what I bought to organize my binder: Black Binder | Turquoise Divider Tabs (5 pack) | 3 Hole Zip Pouch | Filler Paper | Sticky Notes | Sheet Protectors (to hold receipts and business cards). My grand total was: $35.01
The hardest part about putting this binder together was deciding which categories I wanted to label each tab with. I suppose I could have bought more tabs and created more categories but I wanted to stay simple. My tabs are: Contacts/Contracts | Ceremony | Reception | Day Of | Misc. I list everything I have (so far) in each section below.
I used the sticky notes to label sub-categories behind each tab.
I used a sheet of the filler paper to make a list to remind me of everything I wanted to store behind that tab. I'm sure this list will continue to grow...
There are some great printables online to get your wedding planning started. They made me think a little harder about decision I'll need to make. I have them linked below.
Wedding Planning Checklist
Tab 1: Contacts / Contracts
Wedding Party Contact Sheet
Vendor Contact List
Vendor contracts
Tab 2: Ceremony
Guest List
Marriage License
Flowers
Programs
Ceremony Planner
Tab 3: Reception
Menu Worksheet
Decor
Cake
Timeline
Venue info/instructions
Open Bar
Snacks
Tab 4: Day Of
Timeline
Hair
Make Up
Day of checklist
Photographer - must have pictures
Attire - Bride
Attire - Groom
Attire - Bridesmaids
Attire - Groomsman
Emergency Kit List
Transportation
Tab 5: Misc
Budget
Bridal Showers
Rehearsal Dinner
Invitations
Bridal Party Gifts
Registry Checklist
Filler Paper
Zipper Pouch
Sheet Protectors
Russell & Hazel & Real Simple have the best wedding Printables and Martha Stewart has some good ones too.
Whew - that's a lot of stuff and I'm sure there will be more. If I make any significant updates, I'll be sure to update this post! If there is anything significant that I've missed, let me know. And, if you know of a bride or someone that is planning and could use help getting organized, please pass along this link! :)
By the way... did you notice my Wedding Countdown on the right side bar? Pretty cool huh?! :)





I'm wishing I had your organization skills! lol
ReplyDeletexx
jen
Thank you for listing your tabs and their contents so simply. My mind thinks in list format, so your blog post made it easy to follow and organize. I am not 100% a fan of the pre-printed binders because we are doing a VERY DIY wedding. As an example, instead of caterers we are having friends and family bring assigned dishes...that sort of thing, so making my own custom binder is key for us, being the photoshop-loving woman that I am. Thank you again for listing everything so specifically (and providing links to where you got your printables). God bless you on your wedding!
ReplyDeleteHi! I'm so glad you found this helpful! It was fun to put together. I'm not a fan of the pre-printed binders either so the printables were perfect! Many blessings to you on your wedding day!
DeleteI have been looking everywhere for somewhere that spells everything out so easily! I am making a basic binder for my best friend for an engagement present (she's in med school and thus doesn't have a lot of time to do it herself). I'll definitely be referencing your site! And you've got a new follower! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Molly! Thank you for becoming a follower and I'm SO GLAD this helped you out! :) I plan to continue with Wedding Wednesday posts throughout my wedding planning process... Happy New Year!
DeleteWhat are you using to edit your pictures, to put the font and bubbles on them?
ReplyDelete-Jaime
This is AMAZING!! I am in the early stages of planning our {wedding}. We are renewing our vows for our 10 yr wedding anniversary in October. We originally went to the county clerk so this is all new and intimidating. I am so excited I found this and can't wait to dig in!! Thank you so much for the info.
ReplyDeleteHailey @ Love, Laughter and Lipstick