Here is another edition of 5 on Friday - a reminder to be inspired by the little things in life!
1} Take-Your-Girlfriend-To-Work Day
Springtime gets pretty busy when you live and breathe agriculture. This past Saturday soybean planting started in full-swing so Adam had to work delivering soybean seed across his sales territory. Since we like to hang out with each other (always a good thing in a relationship, right?!) and I could serve as extra help I spent the day delivering seed with him. I truly admire how hard he works and that he is so good at what he does.
2} "Me" Day
I celebrated my birthday this week - yes, I kind of get into birthdays! :) I took the day off of work and did all of the things I wanted to do and none of the things I had to do. It was a great way to spend the day and I highly recommend it. The only thing that would have made it better was a day without wind so we could have gone golfing.
3} Great Mail Week
I love to get mail - like real mail. I think I've mentioned that in a previous 5 on Friday. It has been a good mail week receiving cards and packages. It reminds me that I need to send more "real mail" to my friends and family.
4} The Power of a Thank You
I received two wonderful, thoughtful, personal thank you cards in the mail. This is a lost art. It is so much easier to send an email or a text these days - we remove the whole personal connection and people experience. I have a set of thank you cards in my desk that I need to start using.
5} Interior Design Consult
Today is an exciting day for me. One of my co-workers who follows my blog asked if we could get together to talk about her house and ideas for decorating it. This will be the first design-related meeting I've ever done but I love this stuff. My dream job is to be an interior designer - I have a lot to learn and a long way to go, but this is a start!
I hope you have had a great week! Feel free to share your highlights! :)
You did a great job with just the few pointers you gave me. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
ReplyDeleteAriadna