Friday, May 4, 2012

5 on Friday

I missed 5 on Friday last week!  Work got in the way of my hobbies - don't you hate it when that happens?! (I this is a poor excuse)  Regardless, I am back to share 5 great things from the week!  Feel free to link your 5 on Friday in the comments section and/or grab my button to include in your 5 on Friday post!

1} Baby Kittens
Our cats are reproducing!  I can't say that this is a great thing but the kittens sure are cute.  We have two litters now (thankfully they both have homes) one of the litters still doesn't have their eyes open while the other litter of 6 kittens are all about playtime!  They are so darn cute, full of personality and LOVE attention from Adam and I!  I tried to snap a picture, but they just wont hold still long enough for me....

2} Minnesota FFA Past State Officer Reunion
Two Sunday's ago I ventured up to Minnesota to help judge an FFA contest and attend a past state FFA officer reunion.  It amazes me how quickly time passes - a short 10 years ago I was elected as the state FFA Vice President!  Below is a picture of the past state Vice Presidents that attended the reunion and my friend Jill,  who was on my state officer team.  I wish more of us could have been there, but that's how life goes.  If you are curious was FFA is, check out these websites: www.ffa.org and www.mnffa.org

Jill & I

Past Minnesota FFA Vice Presidents


3} A New Living Room Rug
I have been thinking of giving my living room a mini-facelift which includes new curtains, throw pillows, accessories and a rug.  Finding a rug has been hard because I don't want to spend $600+ on a rug, but those are the ones I seem to like the best.  Luckily I did find one at a furniture store in Des Moines.  More to come on my living room update...

4} Great Online Design Find
As I was exploring Pinterest, I found an awesome website called Olioboard, which is a FREE moodboard creator website.  I have always wanted to try to create design boards so this was a great find.  Maybe it will help me to continue to develop my design skills so one day my dream of being an interior designer will come true...

5} New Office Chair
Yes, I find joy in the little things. I had just begun using my new office/craft space in the basement and my chair broke.  It wouldn't stay at the height I wanted... instead it would slowly sink back down.  It was a bad deal.  Luckily I found a great new chair at office depot that was on sale.

What are some of the great things that happened to you this week?!  Please share!

2 comments:

  1. ooh kittens! how sweet. one of my coworker's dog just gave birth to golden retriever pups. they are so adorable! looking forward to your living room update

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg! Yes - they are super sweet! Would you be interested in being part of '5 on Friday'?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...