Monday, March 19, 2012

Before & After: Master Bedroom

Adam said the house is all mine (outside the house is his) and I have had fun turning this bachelor pad into a home!  Here is another sneak peak at our house with the before and after of our master bedroom.


Before

I took these "before" pictures this summer when we were getting ready to re-paint.


The master bedroom is actually like two rooms combined to make the master bedroom.  The photo above is the area where our closet and dresser is. 


Nice bedding, huh?! :)  Oh - and check out the maroon roller shades! Pretty sweet!

After

 We turned the space where the closet is into a dressing area/reading corner.  The chair actually serves as a "catch-all" spot for clothes rather than a reading corner.




We actually made quite a few updates to our master bedroom (remember our house is an old farmhouse), which included...
New carpet
Paint
Trim
Closet doors
Furniture
Bedding
Window treatments
Light fixture/ceiling fan

Believe it or not, the decor is mostly from Target with a few pieces from Bed, Bath & Beyond and the Hayworth mirror above the bed is from Pier 1.

I love how it turned out - very clean and contemporary and not overly feminine!


6 comments:

  1. Super cute red bird pillow! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It came from Bed, Bath & Beyond!

      Delete
  2. Where's the tall leaning mirror from? I want one for my bedroom, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, I got it at Walmart. It is a BHG mirror and only around $40 if I remember correctly!

      Delete
  3. I love that piece over the bed! So stylish. I'm now following you :)

    xx

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! Thanks for stopping over and becoming a follower!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...