Happy Joy Week everyone!
Every morning (and afternoon) I listen to The Bobby Bones show on I Heart Radio - such a great morning show if you are in the market for a good one! They have identified this week as "Joy Week" and have asked their listeners to choose joy and share joy with others aka "Pimpin' Joy!" For the whole story behind Joy Week, go here.
I am 100% on board with the idea of Joy Week and spreading joy to others - something that is easy to forget to do. It especially easy to forget to do when the weather is bad, work isn't going the way it's supposed to, a hardship has hit you, your friends or family, or you are just having a bad day! Regardless the statement above is true, "Life's hard. Choose Joy Anyway." Thanks House of Hendrix for the motto.
This week, as a way to choose joy and share joy among family and friends who may, or may not, need it I'm sending them Sprinkles of Joy! Thanks Oh Joy! and Caroline G from Chasing Big Dreams for the idea!
Everyone who is being sprinkled with joy with also gets some joy to share! I've sent each recipient a an extra packet of sprinkles and card to pass along to someone who could use the extra joy - now or in the future.
Choosing Joy and sharing Joy can be as simple as smiling at a stranger, asking the clerk in the checkout line how their day was or just saying to yourself "no big deal" when something starts to bother you. Remember, it's easy to get caught up in the negative things that happen in our world, it's a tough place.
Here are a few other ideas for choosing Joy or sharing Joy to pay it forward:
Send a card to someone that needs a pick me up.
Offer to tip the person who brings the groceries to your car.
Send a text message to someone you haven't talked to in awhile just to say hello.
Leave an un-used or extra discount coupon at the checkout counter for the next person that comes in the store.
If you are stopping for a coffee, pay for the person behind you.
Bake a cake to share with the people you work with.
Take a friend (or stranger) out to lunch.
Write down at least 2 good things that happen to you each day.
How do you choose Joy?! Please share in the comments! :)
The first 5 people to leave a comment with your email address will receive 5 joy cards (like the ones above) to send to those who need some extra Joy! (Free! Plus no shipping and handling!)
What a lovely idea! Can't wait to start spreading some joy!
ReplyDeleteThanks! If you would, could you leave your email address in as a reply to this comment? I would like to send you an email to get your address so I can send you some "Joy" cards in the mail to help you spread joy! :) Thanks!
DeleteWhat a great idea! It's so great to get a little note in the mail these days.
ReplyDeleteHi Clara! Thanks for the comment! As a reply to this comment, could you send me your email address so that I can be in touch with you about sending some Joy cards to you? (If you are interested, of course)
DeleteI have a journal. It's titled "Prayers, Praises, Peaks and Pits" Every night I write a prayer, praise, peak of my day and pit of my day. It's fun to look back on it. Great idea, your cards and sprinkles are so cheery :)
ReplyDeleteme me me! I LOVE your idea! I also LOVE the radio show, I listen every morning :)
ReplyDeletemrs.veronicaleebursn@gmail.com
This is such a great idea!
ReplyDeletekrista.mayes829@topper.wku.edu
locketinmypocket.blogspot.com
Beth..love the idea! So fun!
ReplyDelete