If I said we were on schedule for completion, I'd be a liar. We should be done by now but it's all of a sudden looking like the beginning April. Rule number one with home renovation projects - don't expect to finish on time! This is not HGTV (unfortunately because I'd really like the $1,000 light fixtures they put in houses!) so we are unlikely to stick with timelines. Maybe if we had tv camera's rolling??
Anyhow... here is what our kitchen, guest bedroom and bathroom looked like before. I keep in mind that our house has come a long way because it could still look like this...
or this...
Fortunately, we are here...
Second bathroom.
Guest bedroom.
Living Room. (Yay for furniture!)
Here is our hold-up...
Kitchen.
We are waiting on our custom cabinets to be made. However, the base cabinets should be installed by Friday. Once that is complete we can finish up flooring and trim. Once the upper cabinet frames are in we should be able to call the painter to come and touch up the trim and paint.
Done
Created open concept floor plan
Re-structured kitchen floor
New insulation
New walls
New windows
Installed 3/4 bathroom
Paint
Some flooring
Carpet
Some plumbing
Living room furniture purchased
Some electrical work
Appliances purchased
To Do
Kitchen cabinets
Kitchen counter top
Finish plumbing
Finish flooring
Finish trim
Paint touch-up
Finish electrical
Decorate!!





You're getting there!!! Progress is progress and it's looking so good! Love the wall color you chose! Can't wait to see it complete!
ReplyDeleteoh I so can't wait to see it finished!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks great so far, can't wait to see the kitchen finished!
ReplyDeleteYou are making excellent progress and all the work looks great. We moved into our new home over the holidays and it seems like an endless list of stuff to do - you're far ahead of us!
ReplyDeleteWell, I guess it’s okay to take it slow, as long as you’re seeing incredible results. That’s much better than hurrying and botching things up in the end. And as far as results are concerned, I think it's shaping up nicely. So, take your time, and just watch the beautiful outcomes unfold. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteLynn Williamson @ DAL Builders