Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Outdoor House Cleaning

As most of you know I live on a farm in rural Iowa and I love it!  Ok well, there is one thing that I don't like... flys and they have attacked the front of our house!  I guess they come with the territory so I'm going to have to live with it.  I couldn't stand how our house looked anymore so I decided to clean it - which hasn't been done at least since Adam has lived there (4 years) so it was pretty bad!  

Be prepared the next few pictures are absolutely disgusting!





Yep - that's four years (at least) of fly poop on our house.  I told you it was disgusting!

Here's is what I used to clean the outside our house.


The dish soap and water didn't really work but it was probably good to scrub the house with it anyhow.  The magic formula was the scrubbing bubbles - I swear by this stuff!  I sprayed it on the house and used the car washing brush to scrub it. Then I took the garden hose and rinsed off the house.  If your house is as bad as ours, don't be surprised if you have to go through the spraying and scrubbing process twice! I also cleaned all of the windows with Windex... a lot of Windex! 

It only took 2 hours but the result was so worth the time spent!




Can you believe the transformation?!  I am totally ready to host a little porch party now!



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...