Finally Friday - Woohoo! It's not that I don't like my job, there is just something about Friday that is laid back and relaxing and I love that. I'm also looking forward to the weekend! My parents are coming down to visit and Adam will be celebrating a birthday - still no idea what to get him so suggestions are welcome!
I haven't done a '5 on Friday' post in awhile so I was reminded that I have a lot to be thankful for!
1} Lunch Date
My dear friend Melissa who I haven't seen in SO long was driving through Des Moines on her way home from a work trip and stopped to have lunch with me. It was so kind of her to think of me! Conversation was great and I am happy to hear that she is enjoying life. I probably could have spent all afternoon catching up with her. Thanks Melissa!
2} I Conquered some HTML code
Did you see the updates to my blog design? I'm pretty proud of this! For those of you that know HTML code, you are probably laughing at the pride I am taking in this but for those of you that don't, it's rather painful. Thankfully I found some good tutorials to help me get the job done!
3} Cattle Photographer Extraordinaire
Kidding! I'm not great at taking pictures - one of my goals is to improve my photography skills. We have a couple of heifer (girl) calves that we are hoping to sell as show heifers so we had to take a few pictures to get them onto a local sale. We spent two nights trying to photograph these little buggers. I think we came out with some pretty decent pictures! (These weren't the pictures we submitted - instead I am sharing my favorites)
4} New Shoes
When I get a picture of something I want in my head, I have to have it. I saw a pair of wedge sandals a friend was wearing on Facebook and finally found a similar pair which are exactly what I was looking for! Click here to see them!
5} Haircut & Color
Today is a big day - I am FINALLY getting my hair cut and colored. The last time I got a real hair cut was April and the last time I had my hair colored was February. I am going to Salon W in downtown Des Moines. From what I've read it is one of the top 200 salons in the US. In my mom's words "Sounds Expensive!" Yep it does, but a girl's got to treat herself once in awhile. (I've started to get used to "blah" hair so I'm a little nervous about getting it cut today)
What are the best things that have happened to you this week? Have a great weekend everyone!
I love your blog changes. It's looking great!
ReplyDelete