It's been a couple of weeks since a '5 on Friday' post - that doesn't mean that nothing good has happened. In fact, it's the exact opposite because so many great things have been taking place lately. This week I will share the first 5 that came to mind!
1. Weekend Getaway!
I love weekend trips - almost more than I love long vacations. On Monday we got back from a weekend trip to San Francisco, CA. This is the first time that either of us had been there, my rockstar boyfriend earned a trip through work! (Can't beat and all expense paid trip, can you?!) If you haven't checked out my post about our trip, click here.
2. Three Thrifty Finds
I am generally not a consignment/thrift store shopper, but I think I could become one after making a random stop today (yes, I get side-tracked way to easy sometimes) the store was right next to Sears where I had to stop anyhow. :) Thank goodness they only accept cash, or my home would have went from country/modern to flea market finds in a hurry! Here are my finds!
This egg basket is probably going to get a new paint job!
I am in love with the brown clutch - I can't wait to use it! :)
3. You Look Like (fill in the blank)!
Pretty regularly I get told that I look like someone that someone knows! While we were in San Francisco this past weekend I was told that I look like Jennifer Nettles from Sugarland, Kirsten Dunst, and like someone's niece. I must have a familiar face. Regardless, I always take this as a compliment.
What do you think?
4. Home Office Progress
I am making some progress decorating my home office. This week I completed two DIY projects. You will see this in an upcoming post. It's starting to come together and look like the vision I have for it! (Sorry, no pictures yet.)
5. New Connections
This week I made a connection with an Iowa blogger. Based on a recommendation from a friend of mine, I checked out the Sawdust and Embryos Blog and left a comment on a recent post. Beth, the author of Sawdust and Embryos, was kind enough to send me a sweet email to start a connection. I hope we have the chance to meet soon. In the meantime, stop by her blog (click below) - you will enjoy it!


No comments:
Post a Comment