Monday, December 5, 2011

{Gift DIY} Greeting cards + Giveaway!

Happy Monday to all of my readers!  I spent the weekend doing some Christmas preparation; decorating and working on my DIY gifts.  You will see a few DIY gift ideas over the next couple of days and some of the ideas will include give-aways! :)

I've been giving handmade greeting cards as a gift for a few years now. They have been a hit with my friends because it always seems that when you need a card, you don't have one.  Plus cards are super expensive.  ($3.59? Really?!)

Here are a couple of easy DIY gift ideas and a supply list for to make your project a little easier!


Stamped Greeting Cards


Suppliy List:
Assorted Rubber Stamps & Ink (Micheal's or Hobby Lobby)
Cards & Envelops (Target - card aisle)
Blank notecards (for the white background)
Rubber cement


Ribbon Greeting Cards


If you don't want to make an investment in rubber stamps or don't have the time it takes to do any rubber stamping, these ribbon cards are much easier!

Supply List:
Blank Cards (Hobby Lobby - stamping aisle)
Ribbon
Glue dots (Target, Hobby Lobby)

Just cut the ribbon to the length of the cards and attach the ribbon with glue dots and your done!

All you have left to do is package up these greeting cards by tying a pretty bow around them.  I usually add a nice pen to the gift.  This DIY gift is inexpensive but appreciated!  Good luck!


{Greeting Card Giveaway}
If you really don't want to take time to make these yourself I'll help you out!  I am giving away 2 sets of greeting cards!  Here's how you get entered in this giveaway:

1. Become a follower (+1 entry)
2. "Like" my Facebook page (+1 entry)
3 Leave a comment: who would you give your DIY greeting cards to? (+1 entry)
4. Link this post to your Facebook page (+1 entry)
* Leave a separate comment for each of these!

The giveaway will be open until Sunday December 11.  The winner will be announced on Monday December 12!

Have a great day!
Beth

4 comments:

  1. I loved these cards! I would definetly use them again :) (I would give them to friends and family.) -Katie V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your homemade cards~I would give my cards to friends, family and my lia sophia hostesses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love giving cards to friends for "just because" or when they are feeling down, just something to know I am thinking of them. I know I have received a few from you, you are very creative! = Melissa THrune

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking for a DIY greeting card making idea and come across this great post, thanks for sharing this greeting card giveaway....

    Get Well Soon Greeting Cards ideas on this blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...