Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Card Book

Christmas is officially cleaned up at our house.  I hope you don't think I'm a scrooge but I really like having my house back to normal.  I don't have a lot of decorations to pack away so that makes clean up pretty simple.  However, one thing I always struggle with is how to store the Christmas cards I get year after year so this year I made a Christmas card book.

This is a really simple idea that will keep your Christmas cards together and organized from year to year.  I think it's fun to see how everyone changes and how families continue to grow. 




On the right is a picture of my family from my sisters wedding! :)



Supplies
3 hole punch
Card stock
 Christmas paper (optional)
Christmas ribbon (optional)
Metal Rings (any office supply store)
Glue dots

All you need to do is use a three hole punch to punch holes in your Christmas cards and pictures.  Some Christmas cards are made of thick paper so you might want to have a single hole punch on hand for those.  Then if you want, create a cover to protect your picutres and write the year on the front.  It isn't necessary to create a cover but it adds a little bit of Christmas flare to the book.  Then put the metal rings through the holes you punched in your pictures. The last thing I did was use extra Christmas ribbon as a way to tie the book shut.  This project only took me about 5 minutes to do.

Good luck and enjoy...
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Beth



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...