Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fall Bread Recipes

Hello friends and followers!  Sorry for the blogging hiatus over the past week.  I have been traveling quite a bit for my real job as a training manager and actually just got back from Orlando, Florida last night.  I would love to be writing a post about the "Magical Kingdom" and sharing pictures of me with Mickey and Minnie Mouse but the work conference I was at kept me indoors.  :(

However, I did get a chance to do a little fall baking last weekend. I found two awesome recipes for bread that I thought I would try out before Thanksgiving rolled around (just in case I was asked to bring something.) 

Here they are:  Cranberry-Hazelnut Bread and Milk Chocolate Marble Loaf Cake.


Cranberry-Hazelnut Bread and Marble Loaf Cake
 Both of these bread recipes are very easy, but a little time consuming because of how long they take to bake.  Below are links to the recipes.  (Sorry I didn't type them out for you, but it's a lot to type in a blog post)

I found the cranberry-hazelnut bread recipe in the November 2011 edition of  Real Simple.  Click here for the recipe.

A quick note for the hazelnut bread.  If you haven't toasted nuts before, watch them closely.  10-12 minutes was entirely too long for the hazelnuts in my oven so the bread actually turned into cranberry-walnut bread.  Haha - oops! :)  Also - fresh cranberries work better than frozen cranberries. 

The recipe for the Marble Loaf Cake cake came from the November 2011 edition of Better Homes & Gardens.  Click here for the recipe.

Last night when I came home there was still some bread left so I took some for breakfast.  It was still moist and tasted fresh so the good news is they keep at least 5 days in case you wanted to make these ahead of time. 

NEXT WEEK I will introduce you to Blue Ribbon Fudge made by my co-worker!  This post will include a fudge give-away!  Ummmm.... :)

Happy Baking - BETH

1 comment:

  1. That marble loaf cake is calling my name...it looks delicious! Thanks for sharing these. I'm your newest follower...loving your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...