Thursday, September 15, 2011

Do Something For You

Yesterday I had to bring my car to the dealership to get my brakes fixed. So, what's a girl to do while she waits?! Head to the mall of course!

I am probably one of the most easily distracted shoppers you have ever met and of course, right as I walk through the door, I have to check out what all the fuss is about near the cosmetic department in Von Maur.  It just so happens that there was a professional make up artist who came all the way from Chicago to do a promotional event for Lancome cosmetics.  One of the young ladies working the promotion walked up to me and asked if I would like to sign up for a facial done by this professional.  Duh - of course I do!!!  I could have just as well had a flashing sign over my head that said "Sign me up!"  There was just one catch, you just had to spend $50 on Lancome products - no problem I needed mascara anyhow.

I sat in the chair and had one of the assitants take care of the basics - remove my makeup, apply toner, then put lotion on, then put something else on, then foundation, bronzer, blush, mascara, etc... Then came the professional make up artist - good looking and dressed in an expensive suit.  He gracefully applied my eyeshadow and lipstick and finished up by looking straight in my eyes and saying "beautiful."  (Can't beat that!) It looked awesome! So of course, they asked what I would like to take home with me.  Since the make up artist wasn't a take-home option I opted to have them put the Visionnaire Advance Skin Corrector in my bag, Hypnose Doll Lashes mascara and the Coral Crush eyeshadow pallet.  (Great sales tactic!  They had me so focused on how great I looked, I was willing to purchase without knowing the price.)  The grand total, $167.00!!  If you are wondering, I did earn the free gift... Below is what I went home with. 



So where am I going with all of this?  My random visit to the Lancome counter and purchase was a great reminder that sometimes it is important to do something for yourself.  It doesn't matter how long it takes or how much it costs, we deserve to take time to spoil ourselves.  The things I will always do for myself are having a gym membership, manicures and pedicures and spur of the moment chances, like getting my makeup done by a professional.  These are the things that help me to live a beautiful life inside and out!

Leave a comment to share what you do to spoil yourself. What is something you will never give up doing for yourself? 

1 comment:

  1. i love a good mani, and pedi. heck, ill probably never give those up. although i have my spurts - ill go religiously for a few months, and then they wont see me for awhile ... i have to explain why i havent been around, i usually tell them that coming in so often was getting expensive. lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...